from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having five similar parts.
- adj. Having flower parts, such as petals, sepals, and stamens, in sets of five, as in the geranium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In five parts; made up of five parts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into, or consisting of, five parts; also, arranged in sets, with five parts in each set, as a flower with five sepals, five petals, five, or twice five, stamens, and five pistils.
- adj. Belonging to the Pentamera.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Five-parted; five-jointed; composed or consisting of five parts or five sets of similar parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. divided into five parts; specifically, having each floral whorl consist of five (or a multiple of five) members
From penta- + -merous. (Wiktionary)