from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An upper garment worn by women in Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.
- n. A kind of kerchief formerly worn by women in England.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An upper garment worn by Grecian and Roman women.
- n. A kind of kerchief formerly worn by Englishwomen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as peplum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment worn by women in ancient Greece; cloth caught at the shoulders and draped in folds to the waist
Latin, from Ancient Greek. (Wiktionary)