from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of perch.
- n. Inspection of cloth before finishing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operations performed on woolen cloth, as taken from the loom, preparatory to fulling. See perch, transitive verb, 2.
- Habitually using a perch; specifically, in ornithology, insessorial.
- n. In leather manufacturing, the process of stretching, as skins, on a perch.
From perch (verb) (Wiktionary)
From perch ("a rack over which cloth is suspended for inspection") (Wiktionary)