Did you possibly mean Phasianus?
- adj. In general, of, or pertaining to, any large or small, semiflightless, gallinaceous game birds, such as pheasants, quails, peafowl, junglefowl, and guinea fowl.
- adj. Specifically, belonging to the zoologic family Phasianidae, or associated with species falling under that taxonomic hierarchy.
- n. Any large or small, semiflightless, gallinaceous game birds, such as pheasants, quails, peafowl, junglefowl, and guinea fowl.
- n. a kind of game bird in the family Phasianidae
- New Latin phasianida from Latin phasianus "pheasant". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘phasianid’.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for phasianid.