from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study of periodic biological phenomena, such as flowering, breeding, and migration, in relation to climatic conditions.
- n. The relationship between a periodic biological phenomenon and climatic conditions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the effect of climate on periodic biological phenomena.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of the relations between climate and periodic biological phenomena, as the migrations and breeding of birds, the flowering and fruiting of plants, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of applied meteorology which treats of the influence of climate on the recurrence of the annual phenomena of animal and vegetable life.
pheno(menon) + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)