Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to photometry, or the measurement of the intensity of light, or to the photometer, or instrument by which this is effected; employing or made by a photometer: as, photometric researches or observations.
- In biology, exhibiting photometry; governed as to position by the varying intensity of light.
- adj. Of or relating to photometry or to photometers.
- adj. of leaves Adjusting position with respect to light.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to photometry, or to a photometer.
- adj. of or relating to photometry
“Long-term photometric measurements of Neptune show variations of brightness over half a century.”
“IP66 tightness level that guarantees that they will stay clean inside and deliver long-term photometric performance.”
“The group would be called the photometric task force, and would consist of Hogg, David Schlegel, and Doug Finkbeiner.”
“TIRUMALA: The newly introduced 'photometric' system using facial identification technology is a blessing for the ordinary devotees waiting in Sarvadarshan queue lines.”
“The technique is known as photometric stereo and UWE's Machine Vision Laboratory are one of only three UK centres with expertise in this area.”
“Figure 8 shows the results of three al - ity to effects such as photometric nonlinearities and inter - gorithms (SSD with a 21 × 21 shiftable window, dynamic re ﬂ ections.”
“Nobody else seemed to be offering to do the job though, so Heidi Newberg volunteered to be the photometric pipeline coordinator and sent out e-mail to that effect.”
“Finally it would, in effect, tell the photometric pipeline that star X was really 0.00014 Vegas.”
“It was operating in fits and starts—parts of the telescope kept breaking, observers ran into problems, the weather was awful—but the data from the camera and spectrographs ran through the photometric and spectroscopic pipelines and out the other end.”
“So in August 1994, Jill became the photometric pipeline coordinator, and though she was no better or worse than any other astronomer at writing software, she thought Robert could do the pipeline pretty much by himself: “Robert is a difficult son of a bitch actually,” she said, “but unbelievably, oh my goodness, talented.””
‘photometric’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for photometric.