from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to ground water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to ground water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Subterranean; -- applied to sources supplying wells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Subterranean, as the sources of wells.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to ground water
From Greek phrear, phreat-, well, spring; see bhreu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek stem of φρέαρ (phrear, "well, spring") (Wiktionary)