American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The study of the natural features of the earth's surface, especially in its current aspects, including land formation, climate, currents, and distribution of flora and fauna. Also called physiography.
- n. geography The subfield of geography that studies physical patterns and processes of the Earth. It aims to understand the forces that produce and change rocks, oceans, weather, and global flora and fauna patterns.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. treats of the conformation of the earth's surface, of the distribution of land and water, of minerals, plants, animals, etc., and applies the principles of physics to the explanation of the diversities of climate, productions, etc.
- adj. See under Geography.
- n. the study of physical features of the earth's surface
“Johann Eck, Luther's opponent, wrote a much-praised work on the physical geography of mountains and rivers for his lectures at”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘physical geography’.
Looking for tweets for physical geography.