from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the natural features of the earth's surface, especially in its current aspects, including land formation, climate, currents, and distribution of flora and fauna. Also called physiography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The subfield of geography that studies physical patterns and processes of the Earth. It aims to understand the forces that produce and change rocks, oceans, weather, and global flora and fauna patterns.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. treats of the conformation of the earth's surface, of the distribution of land and water, of minerals, plants, animals, etc., and applies the principles of physics to the explanation of the diversities of climate, productions, etc.
- adj. See under Geography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of physical features of the earth's surface
Sorry, no etymologies found.