American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Crude iron cast in blocks.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Iron in pigs, as it comes from the blast-furnace. See pig, 3.
- n. A flat piece of iron, which is hung so as to be interposed between the fire and meat roasting, when it is desirable to retard the cooking.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the form in which cast iron is made at the blast furnace, being run into molds, called
- n. cast iron in pigs, or oblong blocks or bars, as it comes from the smelting furnace. See Pig, 4.
- n. crude iron tapped from a blast furnace
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pig iron’.
A list about iron, irons, and irony.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
For more aporkalyptic fun, see madmouth's Everything's better with a pig in it.
For "references to the Dursleys in Wizard People, Dear Reader, Brad Neely's cosmos-shattering voiceover ...
just the next words that come along
Looking for tweets for pig iron.