from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Eyeglasses clipped to the bridge of the nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. temple-less eyeglasses that clip to the bridge of the nose
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Eyeglasses kept on the nose by a spring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Eyeglasses kept in place on the nose by a spring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. spectacles clipped to the nose by a spring
French : pincer, to pinch (from Old French pincier; see pinch) + nez, nose (from Latin nāsus; see nas- in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French pince-nez ‘pinch-nose’. (Wiktionary)