from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ski trail densely packed with snow.
- n. An unpaved trail or path, especially in mountainous terrain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a downhill trail.
- n. the field of play of a fencing match.
- n. The track left by somebody riding a horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The track or tread a horseman makes upon the ground he goes over.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See pist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flat rectangular area for fencing bouts
- n. a ski run densely packed with snow
French, from Italian pista, from obsolete pistare, to trample down, variant of pestare; see piston.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French piste. (Wiktionary)