from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having one or more pistils.
- adj. Having pistils but no stamens: pistillate flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having pistils
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a pistil or pistils; -- usually said of flowers having pistils but no stamens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having a pistil: noting a plant or flower provided with a pistil, and most properly said of one having pistils only. See cuts under Abietineæ, breadfruit, and croton.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bearing or consisting of carpels
- adj. having gynoecia, or pistils, the ovule-bearing organ of a seed plant
Sorry, no etymologies found.