from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having stamens but lacking pistils: staminate flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having stamens, but (typically) no pistils.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnished with stamens; producing stamens.
- adj. Having stamens, but lacking pistils.
- transitive v. To indue with stamina.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Furnished with or producing stamens.
- Producing stamens, but no pistils: said of certain flowers.
- To endue with stamina.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of fertilizing female organs
Sorry, no etymologies found.