from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The penis of an animal, especially a bull.
- n. A whip made from a bull's penis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The penis of an animal.
- n. A baton made from the penis of an ox, once used to beat men and animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The penis; -- so called in some animals, as the bull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The penis of an animal, as a bull.
Possibly from Low German pēsel, diminutive of Middle Low German pese, penis, tendon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Low German pesel or West Flemish pezel, diminutive of Middle Dutch pese ("a sinew, tendon, string, pizzle"), from Old Dutch *pisa (“sinew, string, fibre”). Cognate with Dutch pezel, Middle Low German pese ("tendon. bowstring"), Dutch pees ("sinew, tendon"), German dialectal Peserick ("pizzle"). (Wiktionary)