from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Scrupulously correct or neat; precise or meticulous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uncommonly nice and exact; precise; particular.
- adv. Exactly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Used only in the following phrase.
- Same as at point-device (which see, under point-device, n.).
- Precise; nice; finical; scrupulously neat.
Middle English at point devis, probably from Old French *a point devis : a, to + point, point, moment + devis, fixed, arranged.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)