from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, characterized by, or practicing polyandry.
- adj. Botany Having an indefinite number of stamens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to polyandry.
- adj. Belonging to the class Polyandria; having many stamens inserted in the receptacle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to the class Polyandria; having many stamens, or any number above twenty, inserted in the receptacle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Belonging to the Linnean class Polyandria.
- Having the stamens indefinitely numerous, at least more than ten.
- In zoology, having several male mates; polygamous, as a female animal.
- In sociology, same as polyandric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having more than one husband at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.