from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Forming or consisting of a colony of zooids.
- adj. Containing numerous sporozoites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to polyzoa.
- adj. Consisting of a colony of zooids or similar organisms
- n. A spore that produces lots of sporozoites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Filled with imaginary animals and other beings, as primitive religious conceptions; zoölatrous.
- Having the characters of the Polyzoa; existing in the form of a colony composed of a number of zoöids.
- In Sporozoa, designating a spore that produces many falciform bodies. Contrasted with monozoic, dizoic, etc.
- In cestodes, having the body consisting of metamerically arranged regions each containing a set of generative organs, as in Tænia. Compare monozoic.
From polyzoa + -ic. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.