from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See bryozoan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to polyzoa
- n. A polyzoon
- n. A member of a polyzoan colony
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any species of Polyzoa; one of the Polyzoa.
- n. A polyzoön.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of many zoöids, polypides, or persons in one compound or colonial aggregate; specifically, pertaining to the Polyzoa, or having their characters; bryozoan.
- n. A member of the Polyzoa; a polyzoön.
- n. An individual element of a compound polyzoön; a polypide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sessile aquatic animal forming mossy colonies of small polyps each having a curved or circular ridge bearing tentacles; attach to stones or seaweed and reproduce by budding
From New Latin Polyzōa, phylum name : poly- + -zōa, pl. of -zōon; see -zoon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From polyzoa + -an (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.