from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small aquatic animals of the phylum Bryozoa that reproduce by budding and form mosslike or branching colonies permanently attached to stones or seaweed. Also called moss animal, polyzoan.
- adj. Of or belonging to the Bryozoa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to bryozoa.
- n. A bryozoon.
- n. A member of a bryozoan colony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Bryozoa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, relating to the Bryozoa.
- n. One of the Bryozoa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sessile aquatic animal forming mossy colonies of small polyps each having a curved or circular ridge bearing tentacles; attach to stones or seaweed and reproduce by budding
From New Latin Bryozōa, phylum name : bryo- + Greek zōia, pl. of zōion, animal; see -zoon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Bryozoa + -an (Wiktionary)