from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, bearing, or characteristic of apples or pomes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling or relating to a pome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like an apple or pear; producing pomes.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a suborder (Pomeæ) of rosaceous plants, which includes the true thorn trees, the quinces, service berries, medlars, and loquats, as well as the apples, pears, crabs, etc.
- adj. Like pomace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or consisting of apples.
- Having the character of a pome; belonging to the Pomeæ.
- Consisting of or resembling pomace.
From New Latin pōmāceus, from Late Latin pōmum, apple, fruit; see pome.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)