from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or taking place in the afternoon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the afternoon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Coming after the sun has passed the meridian; being in, or belonging to, the afternoon. (Abbrev. P. M.)
- adj. Fig., belonging to the after portion of life; late.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occurring after the sun has passed the meridian; of or pertaining to the afternoon.
- n. The afternoon.
- n. In the nomenclature suggested by H. D. Rogers for the Paleozoic rocks of Pennsylvania, the equivalent of the Corniferous and Caudagalli divisions of the New York survey, or that part of the Devonian series which lies between the Oriskany sandstone and the Hamilton group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. after noon
Sorry, no etymologies found.