Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lying behind the eye (on the surface of the body of any animal); running back from the eye, as a streak of color; postorbital.
- In entomology, situated behind or beneath the compound eyes.
- n. Same as postocular shield.
- adj. Situated behind the eyes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Zoöl.) Same as postorbital.
“The new species is distinguished from all congeners by having a melanistic color pattern, with head and dorsum of the body mostly dark-brown to black; absence of postocular stripe; venter grayish-brown, with dark rounded blotches outlining two lateral stripes which become gradually paler towards the posterior region of the belly, disappearing after midbody.”
Looking for tweets for postocular.