from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To thrust.
- v. To trample.
- n. A type of rough opal without colour, and therefore not worth selling.
- v. Obsolete form of poach (to cook)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To thrust; to push.
- transitive v. See poach, to cook.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A variant of poach.
- An obsolete form of poach.
- In paper manufacturing, to perform gas-bleaching upon (paper-stock) in a potching-engine.
From Old French pocher ("to poke"); akin to poach. (Wiktionary)