from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mixture of meat or poultry and vegetables covered with a pastry crust and baked in a deep dish.
- n. A meat or poultry stew with dumplings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pie, having pastry sides and bottom, and filled with meat etc
- n. A dish of meat and vegetable stew with dumplings
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A meat pie which is boiled instead of being baked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pie made by lining the inner surface of a pot or pan with pastry and filling it with meat, as beef, mutton, fowl, etc., seasoning it, and then baking.
- n. A dish of stewed meat with pieces of steamed pastry or dumplings served in it; a fricassee of meat with dumplings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. deep-dish meat and vegetable pie or a meat stew with dumplings
pot + pie (Wiktionary)