from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small cask for holding gunpowder or other explosives.
- n. A potentially explosive situation or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A barrel containing gunpowder.
- n. An explosive or otherwise volatile situation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a potentially explosive state
- n. keg (usually made of metal) for gunpowder or blasting powder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.