Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being preëminent; superiority; surpassing eminence; distinction; precedence.
- n. A prerogative; a privilege; a right; a power.
- n. Synonyms Precedence, etc. See priority.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being preëminent; superiority in prominence or in excellence; distinction above others in quality, rank, etc.; rarely, in a bad sense, superiority or notoriety in evil.
- n. high status importance owing to marked superiority
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘preëminence’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for preëminence.