from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a prebend; prebendary.
- adj. Having an associated prebend.
- adj. Of or pertaining to an honorary religious title granted by the state.
- adj. Of or relating to official positions that are profitable for the incumbent, to the allocation of such positions, or to a system in which such allocation is prevalent.
- adj. Relating to political patronage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a prebend; holding a prebend.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a prebend or a prebendary.
From Latin praebenda ("the support or allowance afforded by the State to a private person") (Wiktionary)