from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To manufacture (a building or section of a building, for example) in advance, especially in standard sections that can be easily shipped and assembled.
- transitive v. To make up, construct, or develop in an artificial, unoriginal, or stereotypic manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To manufacture something, especially a building, in standard components that can be fitted together on site
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce synthetically, artificially, or stereotypically and unoriginally
- v. to manufacture sections of (a building), especially in a factory, so that they can be easily transported to and rapidly assembled on a building site of buildings
Sorry, no etymologies found.