American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A heavy glazed paper or pasteboard used especially to cover the platen or cylinder of a printing press.
- n. A small ironing board.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Millboard; pasteboard.
- n. An ironing-board; a board used in pressing cloth.
- n. plural See press-boards.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of highly sized rag paper or board, sometimes containing a small admixture of wood pulp; -- so called because used originally, as now, in presses for pressing and finishing knit underwear.
- press + board (Wiktionary)
“I know there’s a similar thing made with pressboard, which is, i think what Romero uses on the Fish Camp and press-board typically uses formaldehyde.”
“I've got mine mounted on a 2x3 piece of pressboard, it's easy to set up and it has lasted me a long time.”
“I only buy steel shelves or real wood now. shudders ... pressboard.”
“And I'm sticking to that, I'll read with the lamps on the floor if I have too! although, I saw a piece from IKEA that wasn't pressboard .......”
“When I unwrapped it, I saw three pressboard books.”
“Painted-shut windows had been forced open, allowing gray light to ribbon through bent blinds, over pressboard shelves warping under the weight of books.”
“Wrapping a single landscape around three walls, arranging the perspective so that foreground trees disappear into the ceiling-line, and even popping the foregrounded foliage out of the wall slightly by forming it out of painted, jigsawed pieces of pressboard, all seem attempts to create an illusion.”
“Its framing and the exterior walls were all right, but the cheap pressboard put up on the inside was warped and crumbling.”
“If the floor was pressboard, sooner or later, it would come apart and the Coke machine would fall through the floor.”
“Formaldehyde is ubiquitous in the modern home; it can be found in pressboard and particleboard, is used to finish fabric and is a component in the glue used in wood veneer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pressboard’.
Looking for tweets for pressboard.