from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several points on the body at which an underlying artery can be pressed against a bone to stop distal bleeding.
- n. An area on the skin that is highly sensitive to the application of pressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A specific small area of the body targeted, due to a cluster of nerves being close to the skin, usually not protected by bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. where problems or difficulties are likely to occur
- n. an area on the skin that is highly sensitive to pressure
- n. any of several points on the body where the pulse can be felt and where pressure on an underlying artery will control bleeding from that artery at a more distal point
Sorry, no etymologies found.