American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A complete meal of several courses, sometimes with choices permitted, offered by a restaurant at a fixed price.
- n. A fixed price charged for such a meal.
- n. See table d'hôte.
- n. a menu listing fixed meals at fixed prices
- adj. (of a restaurant meal) complete but with limited choices and at a fixed price
- Borrowing from French prix fixé, literally "fixed price". (Wiktionary)
- French : prix, price + fixe, fixed. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Ilene: The year The Sopranos debuted, I had my heart set on having my birthday at Manducatis, an Italian hangout in Queens where the mozzarella is always soft, the pinky rings flash and the prix fixe is affordable enough for a dozen friends if I pay in cash.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘prix fixe’.
Better alternatives for common words.
Looking for tweets for prix fixe.