from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A complete meal of several courses, sometimes with choices permitted, offered by a restaurant at a fixed price.
- n. A fixed price charged for such a meal.
- n. See table d'hôte.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A menu in which the entire meal is offered at a single fixed price
- n. The price of such a meal
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a menu listing fixed meals at fixed prices
- adj. (of a restaurant meal) complete but with limited choices and at a fixed price
French : prix, price + fixe, fixed.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French prix fixé, literally "fixed price". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.