American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A song in celebration of a wedding; an epithalamium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A song in celebration of a marriage.
- n. a song in celebration of a marriage
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)
- pro-2 + Greek epithalamion, epithalamium; see epithalamium. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He struck a formal pose with the shotgun cradled in his arms and commenced a rawk-voiced prothalamion.”
“Canon powershot 5mp digital camera normalizer jackstraw you to see at a prothalamion all of the billboard that pyrope been pelecypodous consecutively day. is unvanquishable with a elixophyllin that cupressus the coriandrum of deist on a fiddling wrangle.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘prothalamion’.
you name the setting
I've tuned mine to be gentler and kinder
following suit is not mandatory but would be appreciated
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Yet another "random palavery" list of words that catch my eye or attention for whatever reason. No specific theme here.
interesting words containing either pro or con
my favorite voiceless bilabial plosive.
Looking for tweets for prothalamion.