from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A small piece of glass fused to the main body of a piece of glasswork and then shaped or pressed, for decoration


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Oh yes? What would the other two be, I wonder?

    November 9, 2007

  • I'm guessing this is one of the three madeupical words cunningly hidden by reesetee on this list.

    November 9, 2007

  • A glassmaker's term to describe a blob of glass applied to a glass object primarily as decoration, but also to provide a firm grip in the absence of a handle.

    November 9, 2007