from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subdivision of currency, equal to a 1/100th of an Afghan afghani.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In physical, a proposed unit for the measurement, in the French system, of the time integral of forces; one dyne acting for one second.
- n. A simplified spelling of pull.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. 100 puls equal 1 afghani in Afghanistan
Persian pūl, perhaps from Late Greek phollis, bellows, money bag, from Latin follis; see fool.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)