from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having lungs or lunglike organs.
- adj. Of or belonging to the Pulmonata, a subclass of gastropods including terrestrial snails and slugs and certain freshwater snails that are capable of breathing air through lunglike sacs.
- n. A gastropod of the subclass Pulmonata.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having lungs or similar organs
- adj. of, relating to, or belonging to the gastropod order Pulmonata (slugs and snails)
- n. A gastropod of the order Pulmonata
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having breathing organs that act as lungs.
- adj. Pertaining to the Pulmonata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having lungs, lung-sacs, or lung-like organs; pulmonary or pulmoniferous, as a mollusk or an arachnidan; pulmonated, as a vertebrate: distinguished from branchiate and tracheate.
- n. A member of the Pulmonata in either sense, as a snail or a spider.
From Latin pulmō, pulmōn-, lung; see pulmonary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)