from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seed of the pumpkin.
- n. One of many small centrarchoid fishes of the genus Lepomis or Pomotis, especially the common sunfish of the eastern United States, L. gibbosus: so called from the shape. Also tobacco-box. See cut under sunfish.
- n. A type of yacht-built boat, broad and cat- or sloop-rigged. It is a very wet sailer.
- n. A very flat, wide row-boat, of the shape of a pumpkinseed, used in water that is shallow or encumbered with weeds or grass.
- n. One of the common names of Poronotus triacanthus, a fish found on the Atlantic coast.
Sorry, no etymologies found.