from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unidentified large animal with horns, possibly the addax, mentioned in the Bible (Deuteronomy 14:5) as one of the animals permitted for food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A quadruped, probably the addax, an antelope having a white rump.
- The female of the hen harrier.
- The sea eagle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of antelope, perhaps the addax.
- n. The osprey, sea-eagle, or fish-hawk.
- n. A book name of the European hen-harrier, Circus pygargus: an Englishing of the specific name.
See Dishon. (Wiktionary)