from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Generation of electric charge on a crystal by change of temperature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The generation of electric charge as a result of a change in temperature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Electricity developed by means of heat; the science which treats of electricity thus developed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of electricity which considers the production of a state of electrification in certain crystallized bodies by change of temperature alone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. generation of an electric charge on certain crystals (such as tourmaline) as a result of a change in temperature
Sorry, no etymologies found.