Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shake; tremble; quiver; throb; flutter.
- n. A bog or quagmire.
- n. A fish, the eel-pout or miller's-thumb.
- n. A gudgeon. Also quabling and quap.
- n. A squab, or other unfledged young bird. See squab.
- n. Something immature or crude.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An unfledged bird; hence, something immature or unfinished.
- v. See quob, v. i.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘quab’.
The (not always so) smoovements; scattered, oscillating, jerky, and unpredictable.
A list of words whose meanings I am learning, either because a) I don't know the meaning b) I know the meaning, but could stand to better appreciate certain inflections or secondary meanings or c) ...
Wordies relating to birdies. :-)
Words that make me giggle
Looking for tweets for quab.