from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having four components.
- adj. of or relating to a system in telegraphy by which four messages can be sent on one wire simultaneously.
- n. A quadruplex system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fourfold; folded or doubled twice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fourfold: applied to a system of telegraphy in which four messages may be transmitted simultaneously over one wire.
- n. An instrument by means of which four messages may be transmitted simultaneously over one wire.
- n. Sometimes abbreviated quad.
- To make quadruplex; arrange for fourfold transmission.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having four units or components
From Latin quadruplex ("fourfold, quadruple"), from quattuor ("four") + plico ("fold") (Wiktionary)