from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of quarterdeck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the part of the upper deck abaft the mainmast, including the poop deck when there is one.
- n. That part of the upper deck abaft the mainmast, including the poop deck when there is one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, the part of the spar-deck of a man-of-war between the poop and the main-mast. It is used as a promenade by the officers only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the stern area of a ship's upper deck
Sorry, no etymologies found.