from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rock formed from the metamorphism of quartz sandstone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a metamorphic rock consisting of interlocking grains of quartz
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Massive quartz occurring as a rock; a metamorphosed sandstone; -- called also quartz rock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rock composed essentially of the mineral quartz.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard metamorphic rock consisting essentially of interlocking quartz crystals
Sorry, no etymologies found.