from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cheaply made or done; of inferior quality: a quick-and-dirty construction project; a quick-and-dirty research report.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Done or constructed in a hasty, approximate, temporarily adequate manner, but not exact, fully formed, or reliable for a long period of time.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the creation or repair of software or hardware in a manner which permits operation within a brief period of time, although with compromised functionality or reliability.
- n. An inexpensive, inelegant eatery; a greasy spoon.
- n. A quick, temporary fix, estimate, or the like.
Sorry, no etymologies found.