from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Telegraphy in which messages are transmitted by radio instead of wire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process and techniques of sending telegrams using radio waves rather than wires.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Telegraphy using the radiant energy of radio waves; wireless telegraphy; -- the term adopted for use by the Radiotelegraphic Convention of 1912.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Telegraphy by means of electric waves; wireless telegraphy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the use of radio to send telegraphic messages (usually by Morse code)
- n. telegraphy that uses transmission by radio rather than by wire
radio- + telegraphy (Wiktionary)