from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The construction or operation of railroads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of railroad.
- n. The class of people, equipment, terminology, and lore pertaining to railroads.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The construction of a railroad; the business of managing or operating a railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The management of or work upon a railroad or railroads; the business of constructing or operating railroads.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of designing and constructing and operating railroads
Sorry, no etymologies found.