from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Scraping the surface of a parchment etc. in order to erase something from the document; erasure, more generally.
- n. Obliteration, destruction.
- n. Shaving the head, or an instance of this; a tonsure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rasing, scraping, or erasing; erasure; obliteration.
- n. A mark by which a letter, word, or any part of a writing or print, is erased, effaced, or obliterated; an erasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of scraping or shaving; a rasing or erasing; a scratch.
- n. Same as erasure.
From Anglo-Norman rasure, Middle French rasure, from Latin rasura ("scraping, shaving"), from the participle stem of radere ("to scrape, shave"). (Wiktionary)