American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A thread or fiber that has become separated from a woven material.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A raveled thread or fiber; a thread drawn out from a woven, knitted, or twisted fabric: as, to use ravelings for basting.
- n. An obsolete form of ravelin.
- v. present participle of ravel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of untwisting or of disentangling.
- n. That which is raveled out; esp., a thread detached from a texture.
- n. a bit of fiber that has become separated from woven fabric
“The asphalt pavement, state officials say, is "raveling" - the top layer of the asphalt is coming up.”
“The electio is over Obama won and now glen beck is the leading blood hound un raveling the story of Obama and Acorn and its subcitiaries all on the dole out of W#ashingtons money waste ..”
“But it is crucial to the future of these super-smartphones, of tablets like the iPad and its coming competitors, and even of laptops that run on cellular networks when their owners are t raveling.”
“What I have double gauze has sewn up really nicely, but I had to watch carefully for raveling edges.”
“This isn't real silver thread!" she snorted, raveling a strand from the end of a bolt.”
“The endearingly threadbare décor — raveling rugs, hand-detailed gold stencils climbing the high black walls — complements the effortlessly styled shop girls lounging on low leather couches, sampling regional whites from Greece.”
“He calls it raveling. ... all the systems that kept all the processes in place and leveraged mature industries and ...”
“Instead, it should be proof to you that the whole thing is raveling (which means the same as unraveling, in case you were curious).”
“In this story, a time-raveling detective named Mike is hired to prevent the disappearance of a young man named Jeremy Weiss.”
“Our series, "Autism: U.raveling the Mystery," is tied to the U. N.'s World Autism Awareness Day, which is Wednesday.”
‘raveling’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for raveling.