from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thread or fiber that has become separated from a woven material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of ravel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of untwisting or of disentangling.
- n. That which is raveled out; esp., a thread detached from a texture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A raveled thread or fiber; a thread drawn out from a woven, knitted, or twisted fabric: as, to use ravelings for basting.
- n. An obsolete form of ravelin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bit of fiber that has become separated from woven fabric
Sorry, no etymologies found.