American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A brownish-yellow pigment.
- n. A brownish orange to light brown.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. sienna in its natural state, of a transparent yellowish brown color.
- n. a yellowish-brown pigment made from untreated sienna
- n. a medium to dark tan color
“In the meadow two carthorse colts, raw sienna colour with white manes and tails, were nibbling at a gate.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘raw sienna’.
This is a continuing list of Crayon Colors past and present. As I find new ones added to the "box", I will add them here as well!
The naming of colours is a difficult matter,
it isn't just one of your holiday games.
Names for colors composed of two or more words. All of these are defined as colors in at least one dictionary, most being in MW3. See Chromonyms for one-word color names.
A big list of color names for use on wordrainbow.com
Looking for tweets for raw sienna.