from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A razor-billed auk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large black and white auk, Alca torda, native to the north Atlantic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of auk (Alca torda) common in the Arctic seas. See auk, and Illust. in Appendix.
- n. See cutwater, 3.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The razor-billed auk, or tinker, Alca or Utamania torda, so called from the deep, compressed, and trenchant bill.
- n. The skimmer or cutwater, Rhynchops nigra. See skimmer and Rhynchops.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. black-and-white northern Atlantic auk having a compressed sharp-edged bill
From razor + bill (Wiktionary)