from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Games To bid (a previously bid suit) again in bridge.
- transitive v. To offer a revised bid for (a contract).
- intransitive v. Games To bid again in the auction of a deal in bridge.
- intransitive v. To offer a revised bid for a contract.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To bid again on something.
- v. To require a new set of bids.
- v. To bid a higher value of the current suit.
re- + bid (Wiktionary)